“Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord. “Should you not tremble in my presence? I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross. The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it.”……………………………………………………………….Jeremiah 5:22 (NIV)
I was amazed at a face book post that showed the meeting of the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, yet the waters didn’t mix. One could see a vivid difference in the bodies of waters by the dissimilar colors.
It was simply amazing!
To see the two reservoirs of water come together and not intermingle brought the scripture to mind about God setting boundaries for the seas and oceans that they cannot cross.
As Jeremiah five and twenty-two indicates, “The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross over the boundary God has set.”
I love the waters – beaches, lakes, seas, and oceans. Many times as I’m walking near Lake Michigan I stare at the small waves and they seem to have a life of their own. It’s like I can see inspirations and expirations as the waves rise, spurt onto the rocks, and mix with the sand. Even then, the waves gush in so far and then disintegrate – They cannot go over the borderline God has set.
I really love to watch the giant ocean waves trundle in. My ideal home would be somewhere near one of the oceans where I could observe the beautiful, blue, foamy whitecaps gush in, smell the clean, fresh salt water, and walk in the cool sand after the surfs have subsided. I could gaze at God’s handiwork every day; be reminded that He made the sand a boundary for the sea (oceans); thank Him that I’m able to enjoy His wonderful creation.
- Assuredly, we should fear God.
- Certainly, we should tremble in His presence.
- Surely, we should remember His power.
But, we should also remember that He loves us unconditionally and created the earth for our enjoyment. He is a compassionate and loving creator, master, father, and God.
As you reflect and meditate today – think about God’s greatness.
- Thank Him for the opportunity to enjoy His creation.
- Praise Him for the wonderful blessings you enjoy.
- Worship Him for who He is.
- Fear Him with a reverential attitude.
- Trust that He has your best interests at heart.
Yes, God sets boundaries.
Just as He appoints limits on the oceans and seas, He places restrictions on our lives.
- We can’t live the way we want and still say we are Christ followers.
- We, as saints of God, represent Jesus here on the earth.
- We may be the only ‘Jesus’ that many people interact with.