“And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.” Matthew 25: 15 (KJV)
I am reflecting on my skills, gifts, and talents this morning.
God has truly blessed me, and I am very thankful.
Yahweh had given me the gifts of writing, speaking, training, teaching, serving, and giving.
Jehovah gives me success in all my endeavors , and I thank Him that all I put my hands to do prospers.
I am prophesying blessings upon my life – See Deuteronomy twenty-eight.
- I successfully became a registered nurse and a substance abuse counselor.
- God then blessed two of my sisters and me to open and operate a Christian health and fitness club for ten years.
- The business was not as financially successful as we would have liked, but I believe it was spiritually prosperous and God was pleased with us.
- We took the risk and followed our dreams.
- Our Father gave us the skills and talents to operate the business and stay in operation for ten years.
He provided for us those ten years.
Anyone self-employed knows that the owners are the last to get paid.
After paying employees, contractors, and monthly financial obligations, we did not get a paycheck for many pay periods.
The Lord kept food on our tables, a roof over our heads, gas in our automobiles, and money to meet our necessities.
We faithfully and consistently paid tithe from the business’s income and gave tithes from whatever income we personally received.
We did not lack anything.
- The fitness club closed, and while I searched for a position in the nursing field, the Lord stirred up my passion for writing.
- After starting a memoir, I realized that I enjoyed writing fiction more. The story changed to a novel.
- I wrote on weekends after returning to the nursing profession.
- My God has given me the gift for story-telling – using my imagination to tell a tale in a way that is engaging and entertaining.
- I see improvement as I continue to learn, study, and work on my craft.
- Jehovah has called me to this vocation during the winter of my life.
- God deserves all the praise for the gifts and talents He has given me.
It could not have been done without Yahweh and His blessings from above.
What are some of your gifts and talents?
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.”
James 1:17 (NIV)