1. Exercise for at least 30 minutes three times a week and monitor your targeted pulse rate (Do something fun that you enjoy).
2. Get 7-8 hours of sleep (Remember that your body needs more than 4-5 hours to regenerate).
3. Do not smoke or inhale the smoke of others (Passive smoking causes as much damage as actually smoking).
4. Drink only moderate amounts of alcohol (0-2 drinks daily).
5. Maintain a normal weight according to your body frame and physician’s recommendation (Your goal is to be healthy).
6. Develop and maintain a support system (family, friend, pets!).
7. Eat breakfast and include fruit with your meal (Remember that you are ‘breaking a “fast” after not eating for several hours and your body needs the ‘fuel’).
8. Use your seat belt (Seat belt saves lives is not just a “cliche”).
NOTE: RECOGNIZE YOUR OWN PERSONAL STRESSORS AND BE AWARE OF SIGNALS.