1. Can you love your wives as Christ loved the church?
2. Can you give up your life for her?
3. Can you be the godly ‘head’ discussed by the Apostle Paul?
4. Can you love, protect, prevent hurt, harm and damage to your mate before considering yourself?
5. Can you help your wife grow spiritually after she marries you?
Insecurity is a lack of confidence or assurance; self-doubt: subject to fears, doubts, etc.; not self-confident or assured.
If one has issues with insecurity, it may be difficult to answer yes to the above questions.
Ephesians 5:25-33 discusses the male’s responsibility toward his wife.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.”
Tune in next Saturday for the conclusion of this topic.