I’m having coffee with Jesus and feeling very good this morning, full of energy, even before I’ve had my caffeine.
I am aflame and enthusiastic about my ‘winter/senior’ career as a novelist and teacher – Teaching and facilitating groups is a passion of mine.
Quite a contrast from last Saturday…
- I thank God for the gifts, skills, and talents He has given me.
- Helping others to become enlightened and free from bondage is enjoyable.
- I thank God for the Holy Spirit dwelling within me.
- I thank Jesus for the power to open blinded eyes, unlock closed minds, break yokes, break fetters, tear down strongholds, and set captives free.
I am ENTHUSIASTIC!
Enthusiasm means to be inspired…
Webster defines enthusiasm as a belief in special revelations of the Holy Spirit, religious fanaticism, and strong excitement of feeling.
That’s me – I believe in special revelations of the Holy Spirit.
I have intense excitement about my career as an author and teacher.
I could be called a religious fanatic by individuals who don’t understand where my faith and passion come from and can’t comprehend that all of my gifts, skills, talents, education, and opportunities came from my Heavenly Father.
Some think one has to pull themselves up by their bootstrap and anything they obtain – power, prestige, education or wealth – the person achieved by their hard work and sacrifice. None of it could be possible if God weren’t in the plan.
- I’m not saying we don’t have to work hard and make sacrifices.
- We must do our part to receive the fruits of our labor.
- Many things could go wrong in our manufactured plans if we left Jehovah out.
So yes, I am enthusiastic about JESUS because I believe God is involved in every aspect of our lives.
Some of you may be thinking about successful people that do not profess to be Christ-followers.
Matthew 5:45 says…“For He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.” (NKJV)
God has spiritual laws that He will not break, such as ‘you reap what you sow.’
I also believe Satan can create situations for his followers to be blessed.
Remember when Jesus fasted for forty days and Lucifer tried to offer Jesus power, wealth, and prestige if He would fall and worship him (see Matthew 4: 9)?
Webster’s definition of enthusiasm describes me perfectly and I label myself as being full of enthusiasm.
I have faith that my Creator called me to educate and train his children; I do it by teaching and writing.
Discuss your enthusiasm for your calling:
“It’s faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living.” Oliver Wendell Holmes