I love the quiet moments I spend in the presence of my Heavenly Father.
I love it when He invites me into that ‘secret and sacred’ place with Him.
When I start my days off with quality time in God’s presence, the days are more productive, and I am a better person.
I’ve noticed that my day does not go well when I don’t spend personal, intimate time in meditation and adoration.
Spending time adoring my creator is just as important as my routine in preparing for work – brushing my teeth, washing my face, taking a shower, getting dressed, and combing my hair.
I would not walk out of my house without doing every one of those tasks.
And I feel like I’m not entirely dressed when I don’t spend time in devotion to my Father.
- It seems as though I’ve forgotten to perform a hygiene function.
- I’m kinder, gentler, and more compassionate to others.
- I am more Christ-like when I spend time in devotion and adulation.
- When I study Jehovah’s word, reflect on His name, meditate on His promises, and internalize His commands, I behave more like my Father.
- I begin to imitate Christ.
- Others are drawn to the Christ in me.
They don’t see Barbara anymore, but the image of Christ is displayed in my countenance.
This is my prayer – “I pray that people notice Jesus in me. It will not be Barbara but Christ in me that others observe when interacting with me. I pray that others see Jesus in my eyes, hear Him in my voice, feel Christ in my touch, see God’s righteousness when I approach, and Yahweh’s glory when I depart.”
What are your feelings about devotional time?
“My worth to God in public is what I am in private.”