1. Eat a healthy, protein-rich, low salt diet –
more lean meats, vegetables, and fruit.
AND do not add additional salt to your foods.
2. Exercise at least three times a week –
walking, biking, swimming, gardening, etc.
3. Eat foods with a high content of vitamin/minerals, potassium, vitamins C and D, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids (fish) –
TRY to eat a fish meal at least 3 times a week.
4. Drink a protein drink daily to increase protein intake –
it also helps decrease high blood pressure, especially whey protein.
5. Eliminate carbonated sodas from your diet completely –
they are empty calories and of no benefit to the body.