1. Eat a healthy, protein-rich, low salt diet – more lean meats, vegetables, and fruit.
AND do not add additional salt to your foods.
2. Exercise at least three times a week – walking, biking, swimming, gardening, etc.
3. Eat foods with a high content of vitamin/minerals, potassium, vitamins C and D, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids (fish).
TRY to eat a fish meal at least 3 times a week.
4. Drink a protein drink daily to increase protein intake. It also helps decrease high blood pressure, especially whey protein.
5. Eliminate carbonated sodas from your diet completely – they are empty calories and of no benefit to the body.