- Eat a healthy, protein-rich, low salt diet – more lean meats, vegetables, and fruit.
AND do not add additional salt to your foods.
- Exercise at least three times a week.
Walking, biking, swimming, gardening, etc.
- Eat foods high in vitamins and minerals – potassium, vitamins C and D, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids (fish).
Try to eat a fish meal at least three times a week.
- Drink a protein drink daily to increase protein intake.
It also helps decrease high blood pressure, especially whey protein.
- Eliminate carbonated sodas from your diet altogether.
They are empty calories and of no benefit to the body.